Become a Pilot
If you’d like to sign up to become a pilot with us, please fill out the appropriate application form below. If you are new to Mercy Flight™ Southeast, there is a one-time membership processing fee to help offset the cost of pilot records. Your new membership also entitles you to receive a free hat or shirt.
We would like to thank all of those who have offered their services as co-pilots in the past. Unfortunately, there was not enough demand from our command pilots to support the program any longer.
To the extent necessary to complete their missions, volunteers for any Air Charity Network™ member may identify themselves to aviation officials and disaster relief agencies using the call sign ‘NGF’ when flying missions into or out of any and all of the 50 states.
Command Pilot Minimum Requirements
- Pilot applicants must have a current FAA license and have received a flight biennial flight review within the last 24 months or insurance approved recurrent training course and/or instrument proficiency check (if applicable).
- Pilot applicants must have a minimum of 250 Pilot in Command (PIC) hours, of which 50 hours must be as PIC within the last 12 months at the time of application.
- The pilot applicant must hold at least a valid Class III current medical certificate.
- If a renting pilot or flying club member pilot, proof of a checkout from the FBO or flying club CFI for the aircraft to be used must be provided.
- The pilot applicant must provide proof of insurance of at least $500,000 liability insurance coverage with a minimum limit of $100,000 per seat. If the pilot applicant belongs to a flying club or is renting, he/she must supply a copy of the insurance in force for the aircraft they are qualified to fly. Flying club members and renters are also subject to the minimum insurance requirements.
- An instrument rating is required for pilot applicants flying in any state except Florida.
Waiver of Liability Form must be signed by each passenger flying on a mission.
Pilot Application. Please print, sign and send to Mercy Flight Southeast.
Pilot MFSE Annual Membership Update. Please print, sign and send to Mercy Flight Southeast.
Pilots Annual Affirmation Form. Please print, sign and send to Mercy Flight Southeast.
Transplant Pilot Registration. Pilots Transplant Form for pilots who would like to participate in our transplant program as a standy-by pilot.
HSEATS Pilot Registration Form used to register and particpate in our disaster relief response program.
Global Positioning System (GPS) - A complete, 20 page overview and review of the system.
The forms above are in .pdf format, which requires Adobe Reader. You can download it for free here.
Pilot Mall Extends Its Military Discount To Our Volunteers
PilotMall.com, the innovative Internet pilot supply retailer, is extending its 10% military and veteran discount to active members of our organization.
The discount is available on nearly all Pilot Mall merchandise with few exclusions. Online customers at PilotMall.com can qualify by filling out a verification form at www.pilotmall.com/military for approval. Shoppers at Pilot Mall’s two Florida store locations (Al Whitted Airport, St. Petersburg, and the SUN ‘n FUN grounds in Lakeland) need only present qualifying current ID or other proof of membership at check-out. Determination of eligibility is solely at the discretion of Pilot Mall.