Mercy Flight Southeast is a proud member of the Air Charity Network, and Air Care Alliance, which combined account for over 90% of the charitable flights in the U.S.
Air Charity Network™ Fast Facts
- Air Charity Network is the largest charitable air transportation organization in the world. And, with more than 7,500 volunteer general aviation pilots
- Air Charity Network is the largest volunteer pilot organization in the nation. It is the only charitable aviation organization in the United States offering access within all 50 states.
- Air Charity Network represents over 90% of all charitable aviation non-emergency flights flown in the nation.
- Air Charity Network regional mission coordination teams handle more than 40,000 requests for assistance annually.
- In 2006, Air Charity Network arranged flights for more than 34,000 passengers on 22,000 missions.
- 1/3 of Air Charity Network mission flights are for children and 2/3 for adults and senior citizens with hundreds of different illnesses, challenges and personal crises.
- Each dollar donated generates $5 worth of flight services delivered to people in need who live in rural and urban communities across the nation.
- Volunteer pilots who fly, and often own, general aviation airplanes “provide” the transportation by donating their time, talent, airplane and fuel expenses.